Partygoers crowded Belk Galleria Dallas on May 21 for the 9th annual Fashion Stars for a Cause wrap party and raffle drawing, benefiting the Suicide & Crisis Center of North Texas. Yvonne Crum, founder and chairman of Fashion Stars for a Cause, started the program in 2006 and has raised an incredible $1.6 million for the nonprofit.
On behalf of Belk, Jessica Nunez emceed the event, introducing Yvonne and recognizing her tireless work in the community. Yvonne greeted guests and welcomed this year’s Fashion Stars to the runway for a spring fashion show, featuring styles from Belk. Charmaine Marshall, Belk’s personal shopper, styled the looks for all her fellow Fashion Stars.
The 2015 Fashion Stars include:
- Jamie Fowler (midi dress and jewelry by Trina Turk; gladiator sandals by Vince Camuto)
- Leah Frazier (strapless tie neck dress by Cynthia Steffe; accessories by Kate Spade)
- Dr. Nalia Malik (tank by Ralph Lauren; skirt by BCBG)
- Dawn Mellon (sleeveless dress by Trina Turk; clutch by Mary Frances)
- Charmaine Marshall (white two piece by 1.State)
- Jessie Moreau (floral print dress by Tahari; shoes by Kenneth Cole; jewelry by Trina Turk)
- Melissa Rountree (emerald green sweater dress by Pink Tartan; jewelry by Vince Camuto)
The Royal Chef, Darren McGrady (formerly personal chef of Princess Diana) was also in attendance and signed copies of his book, "Eating Royally.” Cindy Baillie was the lucky winner of the raffle drawing, which included a fabulous dinner for 10 with Chef McGrady and a $5,000 gift card from Belk. Fashion Star Melissa Rountree sold the most raffle tickets and will be presented with a special gift from Belk.
Attendees sipped on the signature Fashion Stars cocktail, courtesy of Zodiac Vodka, and enjoyed hors d’oeuvres from The Westin Galleria. Notable guests include: Carolyn and Bryant Tillery, Darin Prejean, Tricia Sims, Patty Jo and John Turner, Dan Pritchett, Vanna Collins, Jenyce Gush, Shayema Rahim, Jennifer Passante, Rene Farinela, Debbie and Jim Murray, Elaine Andrepont, Lisa Petty, Mindy Loll and Holly Quartaro. Among SCC’s amazing volunteers in attendance were Margie Wright, Kaleigh Emerson, Carrie Haning, Gary Aberdeen and Ashley Hunt.