The holiday season can be a very stressful time. With increased stress comes problems such as decreased immune function, irritability, tension headaches, and fatigue. Here are 5 pointers to help manage stress during one of the most busy and chaotic times of the year.
1) Don't sweat the small stuff: At the end of the day, you're only one person. As issues come up, take a deep breath and move forward as best you can.
2) Don't overschedule: Double booking yourself at two different parties or events can turn something fun into a major stressor. Check your calendar before you commit and make sure that you're not committing to so many events that you're going to burn yourself out.
3) Get your beauty rest: Sleep is essential! If you have an early morning meeting, don't stay out too late at a holiday party. Leaving earlier than you'd like can be difficult, but it will ensure that you feel great for the rest of the holiday fesitivities on your calendar.
4) Balance work & play: The end of the year can bring extra deadlines and requirements at work, but don't forget about priorites, such as family and taking care of yourself. Eating well-balanced meals, taking time to relax, and spending time with loved ones is crucial!
5) Maintain a workout routine: Exercise is extremely effective at reducing stress. Getting to the gym a few times a week, even if it's just a quick workout or yoga class, will not only benefit you physically, but it will also help clear your mind.
At APEX Wellness Center we pride ourselves on being a resource for individuals and families so that they can live healthier lifestyles. For more information about our office visit our website.