Belk Galleria Dallas Hosts 10th Anniversary Kick-Off Party for Fashion Stars for a Cause, Benefiting the Suicide & Crisis Center of North Texas
A celebratory crowd filled Belk Galleria Dallas on October 19 to kick-off the 10th anniversary of Fashion Stars for a Cause, benefiting the Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas. Yvonne Crum, founder and chair of Fashion Stars for a Cause started the program in 2006 and has raised an incredible $1.8 million for the nonprofit. She hopes to raise over $2 million with the help of this year’s Fashion Stars. As presenting sponsor, Belk has donated $30,000 to the charity.
Yvonne shared highlights of the charity’s 10-year history and welcomed each of her 12 new Fashion Stars to the runway for a fall fashion show, featuring Belk’s “star” brands. Charmaine Marshall, Belk’s personal shopper and a former Fashion Star, styled the women to capture each individual’s unique style.
This year’s 12 Fashion Stars include:
- Sherice Brown (President of The LaNette Groupe), wearing a beaded jersey dress by Ralph Lauren
- Laura Fedock (Fashion Stylist, Personal Shopper, Wardrobe Consultant and Fashion Blogger), wearing a faux leather sheath dress by 1.State
- Laurie Graham (TV Host, Corporate Spokesperson and Brand & Image Consultant), wearing a wraparound-style matte jersey dress with an asymmetrical zip closure by Rachel Roy
- Francis Harrison (Founder/President of Conscious Cuba and Conscious Cultures), wearing a floral printed fit & flare dress by Vince Camuto
- Gina Marx (Executive Director at Round Up for Autism and Realtor at REMAX Trinity), wearing a metallic lace dress with a scalloped hem by Ralph Lauren
- *Being a Fashion Star runs in Francis’s family, as three of her sisters were also former Fashion Stars
- Kristy J. Morgan (Jewelry Designer at Ceeta Gems and Civic Volunteer), wearing a black tunic dress with split sleeves and gold buttons by Trina Turk
- Shelley Herrerra-O’Neal (President of SEO Capital Ventures LLC), wearing a pleated midi hi-lo dress by Rachel Roy and over-the-knee leopard boots by Guess
- Shayema Rahim (Artist and HR Consultant), wearing a fit & flair dress with lace inset and bow by Cynthia Steffe
- Whitney Roberts-Kutch (Lifestyle Blogger at Civic Volunteer), wearing a black fitted knit dress with cutout by French Connection and a hunter green faux fur vest by Jessica Simpson
- Bridget Sommerlatte (Wardrobe Stylist and Civic Volunteer), wearing a mesh sleeve sweater dress with embellished neckline by Rachel Roy
- Carmen Surgent (Homemaker and Civic & Arts Supporter), wearing a fringe sleeve sheath dress by Jessica Simpson
- Amanda Ward (CEO of Best Receivables Management — Patient-Friendly Collections), wearing a cropped faux fur vest by Michael Kors over a black turtleneck by French Connection, along with scallop polka dot shorts by Sam Edelman and over-the-knee boots by French Connection
- *Bridget is the granddaughter of Dr. Cliff Jones, founder of Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas
The women will begin selling raffle tickets for opportunities to win prizes including a $5,000 gift card from Belk and a trip for two to Havana, Cuba from Conscious Cuba. One winner will be chosen for each of the two prizes, and they will be announced at the black-tie Fashion Stars for a Cause gala on March 25 at the Dallas Country Club.
Models Carlotta Lennox and Trena Ritz from Kim Dawson Agency also strutted among the crowd, styled in looks by Polo, Eileen Fisher, Karen Kane and Sophie Max.
Attendees enjoyed tasting hors d’oeuvres and sipping on the signature Fashion Stars cocktail, courtesy of Zodiac Vodka. Notable guests include: Margie Wright (Executive Director of SCC), Carolyn Tillery (Creator of FSFAC Magazine), Terry Bentley Hill (Honorary Chair), Holly Quartaro (Galleria Dallas), Catherine Guidici Lowe, LeeAnne Locken, Tiffany Hendra, Dawn Mellon, Regina Bruce, Britt Harless, Rebecca Lopez, as well as former Fashion Stars, Naila Malik and Jamie Fowler.