Since its founding 15 years ago, Frisco’s Sci-Tech Discovery Center has brought unique, mind-stretching fun to families and children across North Texas. On Saturday, July 13, 2019, the center will commemorate the “Moonaversary,” the 50th anniversary of the first moon landing, with a party featuring special activities from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Special activities will include:
- Star Lab planetarium shows at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 and 1:15 p.m.
- Exciting fire shows that explore all aspects of combustion on the center’s stage at 9:15, 10:15 and 11:15 a.m. and 12:15 and 1:15 p.m.
- Tabletop activities that show the science of getting to and living in outer space.
- Demonstrations in Sci-Tech Discovery Center’s Maker Space.
- Exploration of a geodome made by Sci-Tech Discovery Center campers in fifth through eighth grades.
- Demonstrations and activities in the museum’s temporary exhibit, “Great Balls of Fire.”
- A fun photo-op
WHAT: Moonaversary at Sci-Tech Discovery Center
Party with special activities commemorating Moon Day, July 20, 1969, when NASA astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first walked on the moon.
WHERE: Sci-Tech Discovery Center
8004 North Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034
WHEN: July 13, 2019
10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Members only from 9 to 10 am. (Memberships available at mindstretchingfun.org.)
PRICING: General Admission (ages 3-64) $8.50
Seniors (ages 65+) $7.50
Military (ID required) $7.50
Teachers (ID required) $7.50